Water Heater Energy Management Program
There are many advantages and benefits of installing an electric water heater in your home. Check out some of the benefits listed below.
- Water heaters are safe, as they pose no threat of carbon monoxide poisoning, combustion, or explosion.
- Electric water heaters are easy to install, requiring no expensive gas lines, exhaust flue or on-site fuel tanks.
- Electric water heaters do not require venting or duct work, so there is more flexibility as to where you can place it.
- Compared the other fuels, the cost of electricity is stable.
- Electric water heaters are environmentally friendly and capable of using electricity generated from solar, wind, hydro and other renewable sources.
- Water heaters are lightweight, durable and have superior corrosion resistance.
Through our water heater program, members have the freedom to pick the brand of water heater they desire along with the installer of their choice.
With participation in PEC’s Water Heater Energy Management Program, the following rebates are offered to PEC members who install an electric water heater:
- Water Heaters Installed on a Regular Rate
- 50-79 Gallon Water Heater – Rebate up to $500
- 80 Gallon Water Heater or greater – Rebate up to $800
- Water Heaters Installed on an Incentive Rate (Dual Fuel or Off-Peak Rate)
- 50-79 Gallon Water Heater – no rebate
- 80-99 Gallon Water Heater – Rebate up to $250
- 100 Gallon Water Heater – Rebate up to $400
Members, who are enrolled in PEC’s Water Heater Energy Management Program are eligible to receive up to $100 service repair refund (covers the cost of materials and labor, excluding costs member can claim under warranty), once in a 12-month period, and up to three (3) times over the lifetime of the water heater.
Repair service must be made by a licensed electrician, plumber, or combination thereof. Invoice for repairs is required. Up to $100 will be applied as a credit to members’ PEC electric account.
Additional requirements apply to be eligible for rebates and the service plan.