This Statement is intended to share with you how we use your private information and the steps that we take to make sure it remains secure.
People’s Energy Cooperative recognizes and respects that our members and employees expect privacy and confidentiality, and we regularly review our security measures to help protect this information. We do not trade or sell personal data to third parties and we will not reveal specific information about members or employees to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use except as follows:
1. When the information is required to complete a transaction initiated by the member or employee.
2. When a member or employee requests it.
3. When disclosure is required by law (e.g. subpoena, investigation of fraud, etc.).
The privacy of our members and employees is very important, so we only collect and use information needed to offer and fulfil our core business purposes. We will be lawful and fair to the individual whose data we are storing and will retain only what we need to maintain our relationship with them. Records that are not available for review or release, except as listed above, include:
1. Information specific to a member’s account unless access is authorized.
2. Property negotiations that may be taking place.
3. Individual employee payroll or personnel records.
4. Records deemed confidential by Federal or State law.
Our ability to successfully operate our business is dependent upon maintaining accurate information, therefore, we strive to keep information we hold about members and employees accurate.
To change any personal information you provide to us, you should contact People’s Energy Cooperative Services at:
People’s Energy Cooperative
1775 Lake Shady Ave S
Oronoco, MN 55960
For the Cooperative’s complete policies regarding privacy and identity theft prevention, contact us during business hours at (800) 214-2694.