The Power to Protect
Heartland Security is owned by 13 rural electric cooperatives in central, western, and southern Minnesota and northern Iowa. People's Energy Cooperative acquired ownership of Heartland Security in 2008 which enabled cooperative members to receive discounted rates on home and business security systems and monitoring services.
Heartland Security's mission is to enrich the lives of their customers by protecting their families, homes, and businesses with innovative technologies, quality equipment, skilled installation, caring service, and trusted monitoring. Each Heartland Security system is uniquely designed to meet your specific needs.
Heartland Security alarm systems are monitored by highly skilled, certified professionals. Their UL-listed center in Rockford, Minnesota, has been awarded Five Diamond Certification by the Central Station Alarm Association in recognition of their employee training in emergency dispatch response and customer service.
With state-of-the-art technology and redundant communication systems, Heartland Security's response center is always ready to respond to any alarm.
- User-friendly keypad control
- Door and window sensors
- Glass-break sensors to detect frequencies emitted by breaking glass
- Motion detectors that use infrared technology to sense intruders
- Smoke sensors that detect fires, including deadly, smoldering blazes
- Carbon monoxide detectors that pick up the odorless gas emitted by malfunctioning fireplaces, furnaces, and appliances
- Water sensors that alert you to a failing sump pump or a drain/sewer back-up before costly damage occurs
- High and low temperature sensors to alert you to damaging extreme temperatures
Cameras and Video Surveillance
- Analog HD video lets you upgrade from the industry standard with lower start-up costs
- IP video gives you newer technology and higher definition than standard analog
- Secure-i is a video surveillance system with cloud storage
- Videofied is a wireless battery-operated system that sends short video clips to the response center
Smart Home Security Features
Now, you can access any part of your system via your smartphone, tablet, or computer. With our home automation features, you can create a schedule for your thermostat and remotely adjust it at any time. You can also arm/disarm your system, control lights and locks, and watch live or recorded high-definition video.